Monday, December 10, 2007

it is dying!


my tree, is fading quick! i mean i know things die when you cut off their life support, but this is like nothing i have ever seen. i am pretty sad about this. i usually keep my tree up until new years day, but i have a feeling this is not going to happen. i guess when you have a tree that was in a flood plain and had been flooded, and the trunk is all mush then this will happen. i pull on a limb and all the needles fall off, every last one of them. it stopped drinking water awhile ago. you would think it would be happy to be loved so much and to want to be a christmas tree, but i think it liked just being a tree better. 'o christmas tree!
my new plan is simply to not touch the tree. that works out right? especially when you have a yellow lab who is in a constant state of tail wagging and likes to hit the tree with said tail!

11 comments:

Walker James Kirkland said...

Oh Dom, I'm so sorry to hear about the tree. But yeah, just no touching & maybe it'll hold on! :)
And we went to the Santa at Phipps. He was great, I think we're going to head there every year.

Shanna Mac said...

Oh no!! I think we might be starting to have the same issues. the limbs are starting to roll down a bit and some are falling off. i'm using your philosophy of just not touching it. it we can make it until christmas, that will be enough, i suppose. good luck!

Anonymous said...

Our tree is dying, too! It is so sad! We have needles everywhere! It will make it through the holiday!

The Colorado Carrs said...

ohhhhhh. So sorry. but it is stil beutiful!

Heidi and Richard King said...

That is sad...some info for next year maybe...the guy we bought our tree from said to drill some holes in the bottom of the trunk before you put it in water to help it absorb more water. It will drink more but last longer. So far it seems to be working, but it has gone dry once because it goes through so much more water. Just FYI.

Becky Swann said...

that sucks I hate that that is happening, although for once I feel like less of a loser for being alergic and having to have a fake tree, finally an upside. but I know that is insensitive to bring up, ;) I am sorry though I know how much that tree means to you, doesn't it realize what you went through to get it?

KatieKate said...

Oh, so SAD!

If I could figure out how to mail a $10 tree to you, I would. Think UPS would go for it? I doubt it.

Unknown said...

So sad, what is it, I think you guys are turning into the Grizwald's now that you projected them on your house.

Anonymous said...

Sunday, I'm sorry your tree is dying.. ours is too.. it really never had a chance since it is the uglest tree ever.. (mine that is).. but I think it has something to do with this weather.. course it isn't 78 degrees in NC like it is here in GA.. but that's what i think it is.. cause every tree wants to be picked to be a Christmas Tree!!

Sunday Grant Photography said...

courtney sadly it is going to be 75 here today as well!

MC and Brian Phillips said...

ya! What's with this weather?! Sunday, your tree is stunning, even if it is dying. It'll hang on!