Thursday, May 22, 2008

365 days with BellaRose




Her life in numbers~
365 days, 12 months, 52 weeks, 8,760 hours, 4,868 pictures taken, 3 photo albums filled, 1 baby book, 3 outfits handmade by JT, 1 outfit, 1 banner (see below, amazing right), 1 pair of mittens handmade by KatieKate, 2 rose bushes, 1 swing, 1 sandbox, 2 car seats, countless wipes and diapers, 3 beach trips, 1 early morning fleeing Atlanta, 2 colds, 1 fever, 2 dogs, and 2 parents!
There is much more to her life then these and numbers! Odd that one so mathematically challenged as myself would even begin the number game. I am more inclined to chart my life by what month she currently is or that the rose bushes all over are blooming so appropriately on her birthday! It is interesting, those numbers. I mean seriously we did take four thousand eight hundred sixty-eight pictures of this little girl who has so completely changed out lives and all for the better. I mean what did we do before her? I know we had a life, but one that I cannot imagine without her now. We went into her room this morning and got her before Family Fun Time and I just thought "Oh my goodness, I only have 17 more years with this person". 17 more and that is it! If 17 goes as fast as 1 I think I might tell her that college does not start until she is 21!
While I was at the wedding from this past weekend, the dad gave a speech and I was crying and I don't even know them! And while I was tearing up I thought about Worth one day having to do this for our little girl and it made the tears well all the more. That will be one of the hardest days of our lives besides when she leaves for college. How is it that such a small little girl has brought out so many emotions in us that I never knew existed? I never thought I would love so much staying home with BellaRose, but I could not imagine it any other way. By God's Grace He has allowed us this time to raise her, and I pray so often that we do right by Him! So on this most glorious of days I wish my baby a very Happy Birthday, and I thank her so much for making our family so much better!



















Don't you love this banner that I asked Katie to make for her birthday? This is our present to our Sweet BellaRose. We know she won't really remember this day and this is way more for us then for her, so I thought why not get her something that she will have for the rest of her life. It is such a blessing that such a dear friend was able to make such a lasting gift for BellaRose!

We went to WNC Nature Center with Annie, Will, Lydia, Claire, John Isaac, Susan, and Linda to help celebrate the big birthday. We are having a party on Saturday, but of course we had to do something for today. Sweet Girl missed her nap this morning, and by missed I mean: refused to take! She managed pretty well though and some serious petting zoo and fun had by all!

So there is no danger of BellaRose NOT loving some sugar. She killed her cupcake ice cream cone. Of course I had to make her a "cake" for her actual birthday. I appreciate Niki being brave enough to hold her while she ate the cake, it was everywhere. I can also tell you most assuredly that there was in fact a sugar crash as well!

BellaRose we love you so deeply! You are our heart, soul, and sunshine!

17 comments:

Just April... said...

As always, I enjoy reading your posts, and catching up on life and 'happenings' over at the Grant household! Looks like today was the prefect #1 birthday for your little girl. I LOVE that second picture of her going at the cake cone! Too cute!

KatieKate said...

Oh, man, Sunday- that kid just kills me! Look at how much she's changed!!! And the banner looks so fun above her. What a treat... thanks for asking me.

The petting zoo was a fabulous idea... I haven't taken Ry to one yet, but I can't wait to find one!

The Ledfords said...

What a beautiful post! Happy Birthday to your sweet little girl!

Walker James Kirkland said...

Happy 1st Birthday, BellaRose! Looks like you had a great day---what a special girl!! :)

Jim said...

Great job all. Wish her a happy happy from Mich. And time does goes by so fast, don't miss any of it....Grand children are as good to. The cup cake was wonderful.

Sunday Grant Photography said...

Katie, you are making a petting zoo at your house. Have you checked out the list of animals that you are going to have?!

vern said...

happy birthday bellarose! great post-it is awesome to 'hear' the joy that you guys have in this little one, sunday.

CortneyTree said...

Hurray for BellaRose indeed! I can't believe it's already been a year, and I've just been *reading* it, you've been living it! I love the ice cream cone cake, perfect idea for her, and I can't wait to see the birthday cake from this weekend.
Happy Birthday, sweet girl!

JTP said...

I love the banner!!!!! It's sooo cute! I can just see you hanging it when she turns 16, 21, goes to college, has her own baby, etc!!!! The cupcakes were adorable! She is even cuter eating it! This post makes me so wish I could stay home next year :-( it'll go by so fast, won't it?????

Unknown said...

What a sweetie. I love her, Happy Birthday Bella Rose. So glad we are in your life.

Sunday Grant Photography said...

JT it goes by SO fast!

Becky Swann said...

Happy birthday BellaRose! What a fun cake! way to go with all the numbers! I am impressed,

Clare and Lydia look just alike in that picture.

Heidi and Richard King said...

Sooo fun. We can't wait till the big celebration! Addison, Ryland, Richard, and I all wish you the most beautiful coming year. In my opinion the year between 1 and 2 is one of the most fun to watch as a parent. You guys have been doing an amazing job with this little bundle of joy!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday BellaRose!

She has grown up and changed so so much! It's hard to believe but it flies by so quickly!

I love your cupcake ice cream cones! Very Very Cute idea!

Kristin said...

Sunday that was a beautiful post and tribute to BellaRose. I hope the party was awesome and I can't wait to see pics. Happy 1st Bday to your sweet baby girl!

MelissaCoates said...

aaaawwwwwww.........I love your post.

Shanna Mac said...

Happy Birthday sweet girl!!! Sunday, you and Worth are doing an amazing job loving this little lady and she's so lucky to have you as parents!

We were wishing Avery might be able to share a birthday with BellaRose...