Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Fresh Local Goodness

...all from our garden. There are many reasons why I love living in a small town, but one of the main reasons is that we know the local shopkeepers. It is nice to know that when we walk into town from the house that we can wave to people that own the stores and they know us. There is just something so comforting about that. One of our favorite places to eat lunch recently used our tomatoes in their amazing tomato pie. We sort of felt famous for a few minutes! Here is the billboard from this past Saturday. You have to read the fine print.





13 comments:

KatieKate said...

Sun, that is SO. RAD.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mmmm. Tomato pie sounds really good right now.

Jim said...

Now I can say I know someone famous. Coolllll... I am sure you have the recipe to send.

Julie said...

That is very impressive. I want to try it! Is that at the Veranda?

Becky Swann said...

they know how to treat their locals! as a local I'm very impressed by your fame in our town!

Julie said...

I like the name Nellie Claire.

Also, do you and Worth want to play some music Friday with us? You too Becky!

CortneyTree said...

You are OFFICIALLY the coolest thing ever ;)

JTP said...

so cool!!!!

Heidi and Richard King said...

How cool. I seriously wish I could have gone and had some. Next you will have to get your yum cookies there. You are just our little small town celeb!

MelissaCoates said...

I LOVE THAT! Its so small town and clever like. I want one of those boards like that, you use one sometimes in your kitchen...but I guess we should finish the kitchen first.

Unknown said...

You are famous, yeah.
I love tom. pie sooooo much especially with grant tom.

The Colorado Carrs said...

mmmmmmmmmm

be over in 10 minutes!

Sunday Grant Photography said...

Sorry everyone, yes this is Veranda. I thought that I had written that, but I did on the 1st draft before blogger deleted my post. My stuff never saves!

Anonymous said...

Oh how cool! My computer has been down and I couldn't read the sign because the pictures weren't working.. but today I could! How very cool!

YOu are totally a celebrity!!