Sunday, March 08, 2009

Southern Living

It seems a little odd for me to be writing to you about snow when yesterday I was in a sundress sitting in my front yard getting a tan.  But like I have said before you gotta love the south.  Snow on Monday, snowboarding on Tuesday, laying out Friday!  Speaking of snowboarding, Worth and I got to go thanks to Annie!  What a gorgeous wonderful day.  It did my soul good to be back on my board!  THANK YOU ANNIE!!!!
What would a snow day be without a picture of my Christmas tree, which by the way is now gone!  I was so sad.  Last night we had a fire, and I see the fire get real big every few minutes and then Margaret mentions my tree being burned!   My beautiful Christmas tree, which by the way still had not lost a single needle, BURNED!  Boys just like fire.  I do realize it is March and time for this to happen, but it is still just breaks my heart!

 
Yesterday I went with Annie and Sara to the Jcrew sidewalk sale.  It opened at 10 and we were there by 9:15.  We sat in line as we watched the Jcrew staff line boxes of clothes up in a U shape, and as this happens I see the people in front of me start to stretch and eye the few things we could see.  I started to get a little nervous what was about to happen?!  I am not a digger or a thrift store shopper (although I used to be).  I would much rather have clothes be beautifully lined up so I can see and then pick my size and be gone.  This digging thing is almost animalistic.  People become savages when any sort of bargain is to be had.  I am not real aggressive when it comes to this situation, but I have to tell you I am pretty sure I got the best deal to be had!  I bought a pair of gorgeous boots, THESE to be exact!  Check out the original price $300, want to know what I got them for?  $10.  That's right people, $10!!!!!  And they were in my size, are you kidding me!  They really are gorgeous and worth the whole trip.  Annie did get the only other pair in her size too, just a darker color.  I did get a few other things, but the boots certainly are the highlight!



12 comments:

Adam and Annie said...

First of all, I am disgustingly jealous of you being able to be in a sundress laying out! That sounds so amazing and yet still seems so far away up here. Can't believe you got those boots for $10! That's amazing. Sorry about your tree, but think of it as a passage into spring!

Unknown said...

I love our boots. Even though I need to have more muscular calves, it's ok. That deal will make me wear them with pride, which I did last night to Table and I felt very tall and proud.
Sad about your tree, wish we could have been there to see it burn, I think I would have enjoyed that, sorry.

Becky Swann said...

Loved bumping into you today at the lake! Even though you did all the bumping, it would have been perfect if I had fallen down, just the thought makes me laugh. I'm majorly jealous of the sale! but I'm happy you digged and got your boots!

Courtney said...

I'm so like you on the whole bargain shopping thing.. I just can't do it.. So I'm proud of you for going early and getting those AWESOME boots!! And at such a great deal too!!

The snow is gorgeous! I wish ours here would have been that pretty!

KatieKate said...

I cannot talk to you about the boots. I am sooooooo jealous. So. Jealous.

And the tree... it lasted so long! Curt would have burned it, too. He burned up my little chicken coop. When you get two boys together, they always find things to burn.

MelissaCoates said...

LOVE the boots! What a deal

JTP said...

ten dollars??? what a deal!!! I am with you on not bargain hunting, but for ten dollars I probably would :-) I love the pictures of the snow.....

Julie said...

Yeah, boys do like to burn things, don't they? It is in their blood or something.

The boots are badass. Nice find!

The Colorado Carrs said...

I think its tradition with those fellas to burn the tree!

Jealous of the boots! I miss shopping.

Jim said...

Hey! Careful with the guy bashing here. We guys resemble that....yes I guess it is a enjoyment.

Just April... said...

Fabulous pictures! I bet Bella Rose is gonna love looking back at all these blog postings when she is old enough to read and understand. It is such a cool virtual journal of her growing up and your thoughts on different things in life. Sometimes technology is so worth its while, huh?

Niki said...

I just commented but I guess it didn't work.
I love the pictures of BellaRose and of Atticus. Atticus looks right at home.
I wish I could have gone to that sale! I was out of town, but I would love a new pair of shoes right now! Especially for $10.