Tuesday, March 30, 2010

So many faces

Blogs are interesting. We make, well at least I make, some profound statements on this forum. I have told you I was going to start running, learn to make bagels, make BellaRose a whimsical birthday cake for her 1st birthday. A lot of the goals I have accomplished, many only slightly, and some not at all. There are so many faces to the blogs, they are very manic if you ask me, or allow us to show our manic personalities. When Hollings first came home I was thinking there was nothing to this 2nd child so I told you, then Hollings became textbook colic, and I told you that. BellaRose was the same way, but I thought there was no way I could survive another colicky baby so I did research and lots of it. Hollings now gets gripe water, mylicon, sleeps on her left side, and turned 6 weeks old and started smiling. Who knows why the past couple of days are better, but they just are. Of course as we know it could all change. I will just embrace these last few days of her being content because now BellaRose is giving me a run for our money with wanting to learn how to potty train. She has done awesome and gone on the potty way more then her accidents, but my goodness the accidents! All I can say is thank the good Lord for hardwood floors! No wonder the baby weight is going away, I don't stop going all day except to nurse. I am not sure I told you but Hollings is now 9lbs 14 ozs. So the nursing must be going well. She also gave us 7 hours of sleep the night before last and a great stretch last night.
Thank you sweet girl!
Here are some of Hollings' many faces...

She is such a thinker

























12 comments:

Jessica said...

love it love it!!! Our Blogs are our sounding boards and show the craziness of motherhood....the wonderful craziness most of the time!!

JTP said...

she is just beautiful...but you knew that! I can't imagine a colicky baby- a regular baby was hard enough for me! 9lbs! Big girl! Go momma! Just think of all the fun you'll start having in the sandbox with Hollings in a little bouncy soon :-)

Heidi King said...

I love when you share your heart...and you're right, no matter what we say or how we try to plan the future...it always happens how it happens...all we can do is roll with it and embrace it...craziness and all. You are doing well and the days are getting sunnier...and more are to come!

Byerly said...

I LOVE her hair!! It's so adorable! -- Thanks for sharing your heart. Hugs!

Niki said...

I love these pictures! She really is beautiful. I am so glad for your last few days of sleep. I know that just makes everything so much better.
Those first couple months were hard enough for me without having potty-training to worry about! Hard stuff--you have such a great attitude about it!

Courtney said...

I like blogs because they are so encourgaing and insightful ..and to be able to see your dreams and desires.. and then see them come to life is amazing.

love all the many faces of Hollings! Can't wait to see them in person this weekend!!

MC and Brian Phillips said...

Great post! Blogging is one of those things I never accomplish the way I want to. You always do such a good job with it.
Hey- Harper was exactly 9lbs, 14oz at her 3 week appt! (of course, she was much bigger than Hollings to begin with) and I've been all worried about her not nursing long enough, but I guess she's getting what she needs!
Hollings is absolutely beautiful! Her faces are wonderful. I am using you as inspiration to do a photo shoot of Harper... one of these days.

Grace said...

Have you heard of Colic Calm? You should try it! I believe the website is Coliccalm.com

KatieKate said...

The left-side sleeping thing... do I need to know about this?

I'd call you, but I think we're both running the same circles around our house ;)

Love you. Hang in there. I'm right there with you!

Julie said...

You are dong such a great job! I can't imagine a colicky baby....like everyone else said, a regular baby is enough to tire anyone out.

I hope the worst is over and she starts getting easier.

Just bring her to the gym and let the kidcare workers deal with them for an hour while you come take my class;)

Adam and Annie said...

She is SO dramatic! Hahaha! I can't wait to meet her!!!
PS- You are an amazing mom.

Kristin said...

Yay for sleep and for a few good days. You are doing great and I know you know this but soon you will look back and barely remember how hard it was. Now the potty training accidents...that made me giggle. Probably b/c I once witnessed a 6 year old peeing in the middle of a store right in her pants, on carpet. But I'm so proud of BRosey for going on the potty! Less diapers to change for you is great, even if it means some paper towel clean ups right now.