Sunday, July 13, 2008

Big Bertha!

Worth left our house at 1:27 am on Friday morning to head to Wilmington to surf the waves from Bertha. He had stalked the weather.com and the surf websites all week to make this choice. He finally decided to go on Thursday evening. He met up with some of our old buddies from Edge of the World, Nigel, and Landon and hit the water. Worth had a wonderful time. He says he is beat down today, but so thrilled he went. The waves were about 4-6 feet. Nigel took most of the pictures and we so appreciate you for that and for taking Worth in for the weekend! Thanks man.
Per worth~ The top picture is a nice wave on Masonboro Island, the bottom pictures are all Carolina Beach from left to right~ Worth, Worth, and Landon. The last row is Worth, Worth, and a guy named Joe.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun.. yet somewhat scary! But awesome pictures! I'm glad Worth had fun!

Anonymous said...

Very cool pics. Were you nervous about him going?

KatieKate said...

Oh, man! Worth HAS GOT to meet Curt's brother Mitch. Mitch lives on the weather/wave report. He prints out the report everyday and puts it on the fridge.

But it looks like he had a VERY good time :)

The Colorado Carrs said...

WOW!!!! Those are great. How fun for him. I wish I could leave my house at 1:27 am and be at the beach by sunrise. I would only be in Texas or Denver.......

JTP said...

sweet pictures! Looks like he had fun. Oh and P.S. I wish I could come pick some stuff from your garden it looks amazing!!!! Maybe next year I will be industrious to try a garden....

Julie said...

My boys were VERY impressed with the surfing pictures! Worth is the coolest.

Becky Swann said...

It's like I always say, When it's double overhead you gotta hit the beach.

MelissaCoates said...

Worth is awesome! I wish I could do that!!! Did he get to see reener?

Sunday Grant Photography said...

worth did not see renee, she was at yoga camp.

The VanderPloeg's said...

Hey Sunday - I've not commented in so long! Be assured I faithfully read about you and your beautiful family! Keep up the good work.

I must say I would be a nervous wreck if Aaron had a hobby like surfing! I don't even let him ride his bike to work - I am a nervous nelly.

Have a great day!

The Colorado Carrs said...

Jo: you crack me up!

Kristin said...

man look at your hubby ripping it sunday! go worth. i am very impressed. i recall a very similar trip back in the college days that also included many of the EOW crew and a hurricane. what i remember most is thinking how crazy it was to be driving TOWARDS a hurricane and also baxter puking out of the van most of the way home....lovely. i'm pretty sure there was some beer drinking in the van that contributed to chris' ailments.