Wednesday, July 16, 2008

More river adventures!

Well we did it again, we went back to Wilson Creek to play in some water. We met up with Steve Hogan, and some other EOW friends down by the river. The boys paddled the bare bones river (as in having to push themselves over rocks b/c there was no water) and us ladies played in the water with our babies. Yet another perfect day in the sun enjoying the mountains that we live in. BellaRose of course had a blast playing in the water. I am thinking I am going to have to get her swim lessons.
And since you were wondering or not about what I did while Worth was away, I will tell you! One of my dearest friends from Appalachian came into town and spent the night with me with her husband and 8 month pregnant belly. Byerly, Corbin, and baby Chesson were so much fun to hang out with and it has been years since we have, so this was such a special treat for BellaRose and me! We certainly hope that it will not be several years again! It is funny how life gets going and people slip out of it without you even knowing until it has been way too long. I just got in touch this week with one of my best friends from Elementary school, Abra Lee! She was my first "real" friend. We did everything together. By the time middle school came though, we went to different schools and the time just slipped away. The Internet is an amazing tool for finding old buddies. I just "googled" Abra Lee right up, and there she was, The Landscape Manager for the Atlanta Airport, now how cool is that! Good to be back in touch with you old friend!
I would also be remiss if I also did not mention RIBFEST. That's right, ribfest, the wonderful event that BellaRose and I attended on Saturday evening. I am pretty sure Worth was slightly jealous that I was there while he was surfing. I am constantly amazed at lines people are willing to stand in when they want something real bad. I guess you don't go to ribfest and not want the best ribs at the fairground. You would not believe the lines these people were in, and it was HOT outside. Needless to say I did not stand in that line. We had a great time, and it was perfect for some people watching.








The sunflower house is getting there, sort of. It is more a house for "small" people, and it is perfect because BellaRose certainly qualifies for small. My Mammoth sunflowers have not turned out to be so Mammoth. They are standing at about hip height. They may still grow, but I am not seeing them be 10 feet tall. I will of course show you more pictures as we get more sunflowers! I am also going to try to update you on pickings from our garden on the left, and it may from time to time show pictures of the sunflower house. You just never know with me what I am going to do.
One final note, Worth and I believe BellaRose to be walking. We have been tough on ole' girl, not giving her credit for "walking" when she takes a couple of steps, but today we will give her credit. She walked several places all on her own will. I will also tell you that it is a very slow deliberate walk, she is certainly not go to win any races. Well know that I have "talked" your ear off I am going to sign off. Hope you have a wonderful day.
PS~ I am entering a contest to win a gorgeous quilt, but I have to tell all you about it as well in order to enter my name more times. I hate to do this b/c I really love this quilt and I NEVER win anything, but you have to go to this blog and listen to her cool music and enter to win, and if you do you HAVE to give me the quilt, it is part of the rules! So go to Old Red Barn Co.. Good luck, I am counting on you!

16 comments:

JTP said...

MMMM, ribfest!!!! You're making me jealous! The river looks like fun- again, jealous. I think you have the best photos of bellaRose- she will be soo lucky when she's older to have such wonderful photogrpahs from her childhood and congrats on walking!!!! Big time- she'll be driving before you know it!

The Colorado Carrs said...

I wanna see pictures of Byerly!!!!!
I am glad you got to spend sometime with her and at the river AND that picture of BellaRose sitting on the porch is so precious!

MelissaCoates said...

I agree, what great pictures of the fam. We use to have giant sunflower seed patch in our Barnardsville garden area. They were fun but still managed to remind me of the scary movie children of the corn. I don’t think I went down to the garden at all that summer.

This is a good time to mention that sister tortured me with scary movies…

Sunday Grant Photography said...

Melissa you are SO funny! Jessica, sadly I don't have any pictures of Byerly! Worth had the camera.

CortneyTree said...

Ribfest! I am jealous!

You know, none of my plants, or the stuff in my in-laws' garden, have gotten as big as expected this year--maybe the heat stunted everything's growth or something? Still, the sunflowers are gorgeous, as it that precious baby!

amy said...

I tried to make a sunflower house for Walker this year, and its okay, but the morning glories have really tried to knock down the sunflowers (even while staked) and are not being so cooperative at climbing across on the hemp rope that i kindly provided for them. Morning glories, i think, have a mind of their own.
BTY-surfing pics in the last post were great! We have a lot of buddies that "chase the waves".

The Colorado Carrs said...

SERIOUSLY!!!!!

I am the one who would go home from a slumber party because they were watching scary movies. I think you have got your sisters mixed up! I have never even seen children of the corn.

I did however enjoy "pointing out" ALL the corn fields we passed onthe way to Michigan OR yelling out shark at the lake. That I would say was the torture!

Sunday Grant Photography said...

lisser and jessica you take your sister battles elsewhere!
Amy, my morning glories have not gotten too wild, but of course I am just now noticing them climb up the sunflowers. i am real interested in how this all works out!

KatieKate said...

LOVE the sunflowers... small or not. My plants are all stunted this year as well. Hmmmmm.

Yay for BR walkin' those little legs all over the place. You take your time, kiddo. No need ot win any races just yet. When you're ready to hurdle, Uncle Curt will come over and coach you.

Becky Swann said...

It was so fun seeing her walk today, if you need an outside witness I will testify! I love watch that sweet little girl do such big girl things! I think Ellen looks up to her already...
Ok off to win the quilt...

The Colorado Carrs said...

she started it!

Heidi and Richard King said...

I love the top picture!...and all your pictures! I want to go swim in a river! Oh...and the quilt is amazing. I entered and I have to say I am pretty lucky...so you may just be out of luck. However, I was the 1136th person...so that is a lot of unlucky people for me to be the lucky one...especially counting all those extra entry points. Oh well, let's learn to quilt!

Soul Sisters (Courtney) said...

Ribfest?! You guys should come down to GA and try Paul's rib.. YUMMY! Smoked too.. special homemade sauces.. so good.

I love BR with the flowers.. so cute indeed!

Soul Sisters (Courtney) said...

And BellaRose is walking too! How fun!

Did you do a video for Old Red Barn??

Unknown said...

so jealous of the ribs, soo jealous.
We want to come and play so bad and all these pictures and talk has made us want it more.

Julie said...

Hey Sunday,
I think we are going to go to the BM pool from 2-4 tomorrow if you want to join us. Does that work with BellaRose's naptime?
Also, were you and Worth at the Appalachian Roots Revival last summer when the Everybodyfields and the Avett Bros played? If so, I think we met briefly through Annie and Adam. I was the girl with all of the kids with me.