Saturday, January 16, 2010

Celebrating

We celebrated Worth's 35th birthday this week! We first celebrated with his family at our house with some homemade lasagna and homemade semolina bread. I also made him a chocolate chip cookie cake, more for BellaRose then Worth since he does not like cake (but I think that he secretly does like the cookie cake). Then Worth celebrated with Frank going out to Frank's family farm to do some hunting and to just have fun. He will be celebrating again today with Matt who shares the same birthday week with Worth. Lots of celebrating!



















Next week we will be celebrating Hollings with a Shower thrown by several awesome people at Matt and Margaret's house. Worth and I are really looking forward to the shower and having some time to focus on the arrival of sweet Hollings. It is hard to believe that she will be with us so soon. This pregnancy has really flown by, I am just astounded. My sister, Kelly (and family of course), who just welcomed a bundle of joy herself got Hollings this sweet little blanket for Christmas. Isn't it pretty! It is neat to start to see her name and initials appearing around the house. Niki just brought a batch of newborn things over that used to be BellaRose's and have been passed through Ellen and Julia, and are now back to us. So neat to have so many girlfriends with so many girls, of course we love the boys too Heidi and Annie!
As you can see, lots to celebrate. We are so thankful. It is easy for me to get so caught up in the lack of work that is out there right now for the construction business. It is just the times we are in, but I know we are so richly blessed and we will continue to be richly blessed. We have heat, we have a roof, we have lights, we have cars, we have our health, and most importantly we have each other! See so much to celebrate in these times when many people don't.
Praise the Lord!


15 comments:

KatieKate said...

Aw, I LOVE the photo of Woth in his Hunter Orange. So great. :)

Courtney said...

Worth and Frank look very cool in their orange! (and safe).. I'm glad you had so many celebrations for him! That is always nice.. and your cookie cake looks really yummy!

I'm sad that we'll miss the shower next week. I have my first wedding cake so I'll be busy here.. but I'll be thinking about you all!

The Colorado Carrs said...

awww sweet girl. I cant wait to find out all about her and watch her grow!!!!!! Its so exciting.

IS frank back for a visit or did he move back? Glad Worth had a great week!!!

Sunday Grant Photography said...

Frank is back. Been back since the spring.

Kristin said...

Happy Birthday to Worth! Glad he got some boy time with Frank. The monogram is beautiful and so perfect. Can't wait to meet her!

Julie said...

Love the monogram....too sweet. I am with ya on the lack of work thing. It is winter....all of the bills are up yet the weather makes it hard on a builder. (can't wait for spring personally)

JTP said...

ohhh- post the recipe for your cookie cake! yum! I need to get my stuff in the mail to you asap...you can open it at your shower :-) I will mail it Tuesday!...just wait until you see HGD...it is soooo pretty!

Sunday Grant Photography said...

JT~ I just made regular nestle toll house cookie dough and put it all in a one pizza pan and cooked until it was done. I started out at 10 minutes, but then probably cooked it for another 10.

Jason and Jennifer Haynes said...

Who doesn't like cookie cake? That's really what I want to know...

Happy birthday Worth! Great job on the very manly picture of Worth and Frank! It should be on the front of a hunting/fishing mag.

Love little Hollings monogram, can't wait to meet her and see her grow with BellaRose.

MC and Brian Phillips said...

Happy B-day, Worth! I'm thinkin' homemade lasagna sounds like an awesome birthday meal- not to mention the yummy cookie cake!

Heidi King said...

Sweet post...and sweet perspective!

Becky Swann said...

Happy Birthday Worth! Hope you enjoyed the chairs I got you (then made you bring back)
I'm excited about your shower this weekend too! But I am most excited about Hollings!

Margaret said...

Happy Birthday to our men!! So glad he had an awesome birthday. That cookie cake sounds amazing, I am sure it was yummy. Everything you make is so good! Hooray for Hollings, cant wait to meet that sweet little peanut.

Unknown said...

happy belated birthday to worth. glad he got to get in a hunt with his buds, it's a man's dream afterall.
love that sweet little blanket, i'm glad that you are excited about the shower, we are so excited too!!!

Niki said...

Happy Birthday Worth and Matt!! Hope it was a wonderful one.

Oh my gosh, Sunday, doesn't that sweet H blanket make you so excited. 6 more weeks-ish! Can't wait to meet her. I have a great big bag of clothes for you guys that I will bring as soon as everyone is finished being sick over here.