Monday, December 04, 2006

Christmas Joy!!




Hello to all!! I hope you had a great weekend. Mine was filled with much Chrismtas joy. My sister came up on Saturday and we went to the parade in Black Mountain. The kids get more candy there then on Halloween. They love it!!! There are no hot air ballons or real big floats at this parade, but we love it none the less. On Sunday we (my sister, brother-n-law, mom, 3 nephews, 1niece, husband) went to Avery county and got our Christmas tree. The farm was amazing. The kids could roll down the hill (I wish that I could have joined them), the adults could walk up and down many times (not as fun as rolling). The wonderful tree we got is the one behind us. I have to say it is glorious. I told Worth this morning that I love it. Not as much as him or in the same way, but I am totally in love with our tree. We ran into a slight problem when we were decorating though, we ran out of lights. This has never happened to me before. The top of the tree is not decorated. We bought lights just for the tree, but as we were putting that strand up they started blinking. Well I thought this is not so bad I can figure out how to make them stop blinking. We my friends when the box says "Shimmering lights" on it you can't make them stop blinking I asure you. So at lunch I will be out shopping for Christmas lights to finish my part way glorious tree. I am going to try to upload a picture of it now. It may come before the picture of Worth and me at the farm. I have not figured out how to put the pictures in the correct order yet. Well Good tidings to you and yours. I hope you have as much fun I as I do with this time of year.

PS- okay i can't figure out how to put the pictures like i want them, but i will get there. As you can see the top of the tree is not done. There are lots of pretty ornaments on the rest of the tree, but it is hard to tell. Enjoy!!!

9 comments:

Shanna Mac said...

it's BEAUTIFUL!!! we got ours up this weekend too. yeah!!!!!!! i'm so happy. i'll try to get them on the blog later today. gotta go shopping...

The Colorado Carrs said...

Looks bootyful!! I do miss those Christmas ttree farms. Looks almost as cold there as it does here!

Sunday Grant Photography said...

man it was cold. today is soo cold!!! wind chill this morning of 11. i just wish that we had snow to go with this cold.

Shanna Mac said...

snow (sigh)...we don't get that here.

The Colorado Carrs said...

Awww...

Sun to get the pictures where you want them after they upload click on them then drag them to wherever.Kind of a pain but it works...

KatieKate said...

Yahoo for the tree! And good for you for dragging a REAL one home. It's the adventure that counts. We still need to head out and get ours.

Sunday Grant Photography said...

THANKS JESSICA!

Unknown said...

Beautiful Tree!
That little baby has lots to look forward to in the Grant home.

Becky Swann said...

Just wanted you to know the whole blog is working for me now, I went strait to the source. Your wrapping paper looks like the paper I bought this year! Target? :) Love you lots!!!