Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Interupt

So allow me to interrupt my Christmas documentation with a little end of the year review.  It is only natural for everyone to want to reflect this time of year.  How did the last year, 2011, work out for you?  What can you improve on?  What did you do right?  So many things to think about.  My heart is racing a bit at the moment because I am putting myself out there, putting my business out there.  I am terrified it is going to be a dud, that I will be rejected.  I don't really like to rely on my friends and family to promote me.  I feel like it puts them in an awkward situation but that is the very thing I am asking them to do right now on facebook.  I have appreciated my photography business so much!  My dreams are being realized with this business.  I have always wanted to be a photographer.  It wasn't something I did lightly.  I put myself out there and was well received.  Business continues to double every year.  I was able to take it slow to really learn the business of photography.  I feel most comfortable with the camera in my hand but a lot of this job is with the camera tucked neatly in its case and me staring at a computer.  As I have mentioned before I have not done any traditional paid advertising.  Mostly all of my business has been word of mouth (thank you) and that great thing called Facebook!  I really do love facebook.  So right now I am doing a "like" fan drive.  I would love for you to recommend my page to your friends and they can recommend to their friends and the lovely circle goes on and on.  Request that your friends write who sent them on my photography page, whoever sends the most people wins a complimentary mini session!  You can use it personally or give as gift.  It makes me so nervous to even write all of this.  Who knows how this will be received, hopefully, if not then you live and learn.  Thanks for loving us and supporting us.  You all have meant the world to us! 

Since I did interrupt the documentation of my family life I will leave you with the sweetest photo of BellaRose  setting out cookies for Santa and a carrot for the reindeer.  And one of my little Hollings who can't say Hollings and calls herself Honey.  Precious!


1 comment:

Courtney said...

Hollings saying Honey is too cute. I wish you would video that and put it on her or facebook! Love the like idea too.. such a great idea to get out there. I have found facebook to be a HUGE place for free advertising!!